FAQ about the Medication Aide Prep Course:
1. What are the requirements?
2. When I get hired by a facility, what else will I need?
3. What is the cost of the state exam for Med Tech?
4. Do we take the state exam in class?
5. What is included in the class fee?
6. How many are in a class?
7. How do I register?
8. Where are the classes offered?
9. Are you a testing center?
10. Do we take the Medication Aide State Exam the same day at the end of the class session?
Family Care Homes Start-Up Class:
1. Where are classes located?
2. How many days does the Family Care Home Start-Up Class consist of?
3. Are the manuals included in the price of the Start-Up Course?
4. What if I miss a day of class out of the 4 days of class instruction?
5. What is your policy for inclement weather?
6. Will taking this course guarantee that my home or the property I locate become a licensed facility?
Adult Care Home Administrator Licensure Exam:
1. How do I obtain an exam registration packet?
2. What is the fee for taking the Administrators’ Licensure Exam?
Administrator Exam ($50.00 fee)
To register for the Administrator Exam, you must submit a registration form and required $50.00 testing fee at least 14 days prior to the exam date. Payment of the $50.00 testing fee must be in the form of a money order or certified check made payable to “DHSR.” Checks are not accepted. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable once submitted to DHSR. Payment will not be accepted at testing sites.
The completed registration form and required testing fee must be received before you will be registered for a specific testing date and location. Mail your completed registration form and $50.00 fee (money order or certified check) together in one envelope to:
Adult Care Licensure Section
Adult Care Testing
2722 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-2722
3. When will I receive a confirmation letter from Dept. of Service Regulations regarding my test date?
4. What if I have to cancel, I can’t attend my test session, and I have to reschedule?
Cancellation and Re-scheduling
If you are unable to attend your scheduled exam, you must notify ACLS at least five business days before the examination date to re-schedule. Saturday and Sunday and national holidays are not considered business days. If you provide at least five business days advance notice, you may re-schedule one time and your fee may be transferred to your new examination date. If you need to re-schedule an examination in less than five business days before the examination date, you must apply for an excused absence.
If you do not call ACLS at least five business days before your examination date to re-schedule and do not show up for your scheduled examination, your fee will not be refunded and can not be transferred to a new examination date. Also, you may not give your examination date to another person.
Weather Emergencies/Inclement Weather
Testing will be canceled if weather conditions are considered hazardous for local travel or for commuting. Information on cancellations may be obtained by:
Calling the Voice Response System 919-733-7615; or
Calling the Adult Care Licensure Section in Raleigh at 919-855-3793.
Logging on to the N.C. Adult Care Medication Aide Testing Website.
5. How do I obtain my test results?
Obtaining Exam Results
You will receive the results of your exam in the mail at the address provided on your registration form. If you did not pass the exam and intend to take it again, you must complete another registration form and pay the testing fee each time you take the exam. The Adult Care Licensure Section (ACLS) is located in the Broughton Building at 805 Biggs Drive, Broughton Building, Raleigh, NC. You may contact the testing staff at 919-855-3793 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday or via e-mail AdultCare.email@example.com.
6. Where can I find instructions for completing the registration form?
Go to this website. It has complete instructions on how to complete the registration form. http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dhsr/acls/medreginstruct.html
What to bring:
You must have the following items with you to take the exam:
One form of proper photo identification
Two (2) No. 2 pencils
Administrator Exam – a current rule book is allowed for use during the exam.
Alternative Exam – Calculator is allowed for use and recommended.
Proper identification includes one of the following:
Current, non-expired driver’s license
US government issued Military I.D.
State-issued identification card
Passport (Current and non-expired)
8. What happens if I am late to the testing center?
9. Where can I find a listing of the testing locations for the Administrators’ Exam?
10. Where can I find a copy of the NC State Family Care Home Rule Book?
Our staff will help you fill out the registration form (that you will send in with the $25.00 fee) at the end of the class session. You will pay your own State exam fees when you mail in the application to the Sate. The Med-Tech Sate exam is $25.00. This money does not go to our organization and is NOT needed on the day of class.